I love reading other posts for today’s #reverbbroads11 prompt: Instead of a list of your favorite things, write a list of your least favorite things, e.g. Worst book you ever finished, the color you hate, bad songs, bad romances, bad recipes. (courtesy of Amy at http://2bperfectlyfrank.blogspot.com).
I usually try not to read other responses before writing my own, so that I am not unduly influenced. However, I loved everyone’s response for today. This should be fun, and I am sure this will be one of those posts where I will want to come back and add to as I think of more. Let’s start with these:
- Least favorite color: Pink. In the “things I will never do” post, but oldest daughter suggested: ‘you will never paint your bedroom pink.’ She’s not kidding. The only pink I can tolerate sporting is a pink ribbon, since I am a firm supporter of breast cancer research. Other than that, I will choose any color, especially blue, over pink. I could also lump bows and lace in this category.
- Least favorite movie: Joe vs. The Volcano. Seriously, Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan, what were you thinking? I have loved you in everything else together. Consequently, it is the only movie in a theater during which I have ever fallen asleep.
- Least favorite type of TV/movies: Anything involving child abuse or abduction. As a mom, I have created enough nightmare situations in my head. I need no help from Hollywood.
- Least favorite thing to encounter: Poor customer service. If you want my business, then please show me some common courtesy. And wait staff, take note: If you provide great service, I am an incredibly good tipper.
- Least favorite Christmas song: Jingle Bell Rock. I don’t think it’s the cheesy lyrics I object to (most Christmas songs involve significant amounts of cheese). But, every time I hear it, I think it is being sung at way too slow of a tempo. I feel the same way about Happy Birthday, which is always sung at a dirge pace.
- Least favorite thing to hear on real news programs: Anything about celebrities bad behavior or professional sports lockouts. I am not a fan of my own children throwing tantrums, much less grown adults with way too much money.
- Least favorite thing I like about this post: How whiny I sound. Looking forward to tomorrow’s post.